Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Meditation

Taken from Jules Massanet's Thais  a French opera from the late 19th century, Meditaton has long been one of my favorite pieces. I first performed it for guitar and piano with John Danke playing the accompaniment part and leaving me to enjoy the lyrical violin melody. This is the first time I've performed it for solo guitar, a lovely arrangement by Jason Waldron. I recorded about eight complete takes, but in the end liked the 3rd the best. It is slightly subdued but with a nice overall flow. The combination of impressionist harmonies and the lyical lowing melody make for an other worldly experience. Like a bright light shining through a thick fog. I hope you enjoy it!

Listen on SoundCloud.com: Meditation by Jules Massenet, performed by William Wilson, guitar

No comments:

Post a Comment