Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Romanza - Free Recording for Guitar



Romanza is one of the Spanish guitar's most well known pieces. Yet, it's origins are shrouded in mystery. No one is quite sure of it's author (some say F. Sor, others Daniel Fortea who wrote MalagueƱa). It's not even sure that it's actually Spanish! The earliest sheet music comes from Argentina towards the beginning of the 20th century. That said, It most closely resembles a 19th century Spanish song in style. It starts in a melencholy "E" minor, moves to "E" major and then returns to finish in "E" minor. 

My recording was made at a medium tempo. Many players take it very slow, which I find a bit too romantic. Others take a faster approach (Yamashita for instance), which I find just a little rushed. I hope you enjoy my recording, please feel free to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment