Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Encima de las Nubes - Nuevo Flamenco - Free Recording



Continuing in my series of original "Nuevo Flamenco" tunes is Encima de las Nubes (Above the Clouds). The title comes from pilot Syd Logan who heard the piece and invited me to play it during a flight. It is written in the Jazz Minor Mode called Dorian. The rhythm comes from Allan Phillips, Venezuelan keyboardist and composer. He taught it to me during a recording session, and I fell in love with it, almost nothing happens on the downbeat, which gives it a real lift.

New on this track is the electric guitar. I felt the sustain of the electric guitar, combined with its ability to bend a note gave me the additional freedom necessary to create "soaring" lines, fitting of a piece called Encima de las Nubes. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment